Do you need more information?
There are several ways of contacting me:
Übersetzungsbüro - Translation Service
Phone me on:
Or send me a fax:
When I am not in the office, you can (nearly) always reach me on my mobile:
And naturally by e-mail:
To protect against spam, the e-mail address cannot be clicked on this website. Copy the address into your e-mail program and replace the [at] by @.
Or use the contact form.
Übersetzungsbüro Brigitte Frieben-Safar
- Name and contact data of responsible office
- Data protection officer
- Collecting and storing personal data; type, purpose and use
- Forwarding of data to third parties
- Your rights as affected person (data subject)
- Your right to object
- Data processing on my website
1. Name and contact data of responsible office and data protection officer
Übersetzungsbüro Brigitte Frieben-Safar
as responsible office.
2. Data protection officer
I am not obligated by law to appoint a data protection officer because I am a sole proprietor. Nevertheless, I comply with the regulations of data protection laws.
3. Collecting and storing personal data; type, purpose and use
If you commission me, the following information is collected:
• Salutation, title, first name, second name
• Email address
• Telephone number (fixed line and/or mobile phone)
• If applicable fax number (if available & desired)
• Where appropriate banking details
• Where appropriate date of birth
Furthermore, all information necessary for fulfilling the contract/order with you is collected.
The personal data is collected,
• to be able to identify you as a customer;
• to be able to appropriately advise you;
• to be able to fulfil my contractual obligations to you;
• to be able to fulfil my statutory obligations:
• for corresponding with you;
• for invoicing, respectively for dunning if necessary;
• for enforcing any possible claims against you.
The personal data are processed in relation to the inquiry you send me and are necessary for the purposes cited above for processing your matter and for fulfilling obligations arising from the contract/order this involves.
The collected data is stored until the end of the statutory obligation to keep records (6, 8 or 10 years after the end of the calendar year when the contractual relationship ended,) and then after that deleted. As an exception this does not apply if I am obligated to store the data for a longer period of time due to storage obligations under fiscal or commercial regulations (in accordance with the German Commercial Code (HGB), the German Criminal Code (StGB) or the German Fiscal Code (AO)) or if you have approved storage of your data for a longer period of time.
4. Forwarding of data to third parties
As a matter of principle your personal data are never transferred to third parties. Exceptions to this only apply insofar as this is necessary for processing your contract/order. This in particular includes forwarding to service providers commissioned by me (so-called order processors) or other third parties, whose activities are necessary for fulfilling the contract. The forwarded data are only allowed to be used by third parties exclusively for the purposes cited above.
5. Your rights as affected person (data subject)
As a person affected by data processing (data subject) you are entitled to various different rights:
• Right to object: you may at any time revoke the approvals you granted to me. The data processing based on the revoked approval may then no longer be continued in the future.
• Right to be informed: you may request information regarding your personal data which I have processed. This particularly applies for the purposes of data processing, to the categories of personal data, if appropriate the categories of recipients, the duration of storage, and if appropriate the origin of your data.
• Right to rectification: you may request the rectification of incorrect data or completion of incomplete data with regard to your personal data which I have stored.
• Right to erasure: you may request the erasure of your personal data which I have stored, insofar as their processing is not necessary for exercising the right to free expression of opinion and right to information, for fulfilling a statutory obligation, for reasons of public interest or for enforcement, exercising or defending legal rights.
• Right to restrict processing: you may request restriction of the processing of your personal data insofar as you contest the correctness of the data or if the processing is unlawful, but you reject the erasure of your data. Furthermore, you are also entitled to this right if I no longer require the data, but you require them for the enforcement, exercising or defending of legal rights. Furthermore, you are also entitled to this right if you have raised an objection to the processing of your personal data.
• Right to data portability: you have the right with regard to the data which you provided to me that I transfer this data to you in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format. Alternatively, you may request the direct transfer of the personal data you provided to me to another controller, insofar as this is possible.
• Right of complaint: you have the right to complain to every data protection supervisory authority if, for instance, you believe that I process your personal data in an unlawful way. The supervisory authority responsible for me is:
Landesbeauftragte für Datenschutz und Informationsfreiheit Nordrhein-Westfalen
Telephone: +49(0)2 11/384 24-0
Telefax: +49(0)2 11/384 24-10
6. Your right to object
Information on the right to object pursuant to 21 GDPR
You have the right to object based on grounds relating to your personal situation, at any time to processing of personal data concerning you which is based on Article 6 (1) f GDPR (processing to protect the legitimate interests of the responsible office or a third party).
If you raise an objection, I shall no longer process your personal data, unless I can prove urgent grounds for the processing worthy of protection which outweigh your interests and freedoms, or if the processing serves the enforcement, exercising or defending of your legal rights.
7. Data processing on my website
Certain personal data are also processed on my website www.frieben-safar.de, amongst other things the IP address of website visitors. You can therefore find supplementary data protection information online at